Wednesday 3 February 2016

Montmartre 1895 Illustrated Map

I am continuing my love affair with Paris by planning out a Montmartre illustrate map, circa 1895 at the tale end of Impressionism and the early stage of Modernity, when the turn of the century bred  poets, artists, musicians held as icons even today. 


Debussy plays at Le Chat Noir,  the Moulin Rouge is in it's hey-day, and the artistic greats- van Gogh, Renoir, Picasso and Toulouse-Lautrec have sought artistic inspiration in Montmartre.
From a practical point of view, I wanted to challenge myself my drawing lots of different things and incorporating some design to compose a vintage illustrated map which defines me as an Illustrator in 2016, something that I am proud of that I can send as promotional content to art directors and agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment