Wednesday 3 February 2016

Waterstones Storybook Illustration

After some initial conversation with Waterstones, I am planning an illustration which celebrates literature. It leans slightly towards classic children's fiction, however I plan to include influential authors and characters, namely Sherlock Holmes, the Bronte Sisters and Jack Kerouac.


I came to this design by imagining what advertising campaign I would do if I was in control of advertising, and I just kept thinking along the lines of a poster stating "Lose yourself in a good book at Waterstones". I basically set my own brief and answered it with this design, which I really want to be a great piece that Waterstones may consider to raise to a higher level and see if there is any mileage in using it in their advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment